please suggest what i should say/do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZikrHolic

confused electrican wanna be.
english is not my first language
I got a job in a company and i was transferred to their camp outside the city.it is just a camp/base where prefab shipping containers is used for almost everything.the prefab is wood inside and painted.they use it for sleeping,stores,offices and so many offices,kitchen store-where they keep perishable goods,security guard has his own container.even laundary is container based.some of the workers sleep there in the night and go to some other site for work and others including me work inside the base.
i am not yet professional but sort of an intern.previous electrians as well as engineers have done the electrical installations and majority of them left.i was hired as an assistant to a senior electrical engineer i dont do any major stuff i just watch and make sure his recommendations are fullfilled.i enjoy installing sockets,switches,lighting fixtures,water pump installations,checking faults etc which i do for fun when i am bored in the camp.
after inspecting the camp,i found almost every contaner has air conditioner and it is ON most of the time except in the morning where majority of the workers go to other places for work.i counted almost 40 ACs Both window type and split unit,I wa concerned when i found the ac are left ON most of the time almost 20 hours.i dont work there in the night so i dont know what happens in the night.i also saw huge electric bread Baker and air compressor ,welding motors etc.
MAIN STORY
we have 3 phase wires 415V fed into 200AMPS Switch(wire size is 25mm) after that the wires(different sizes but are big) go into a electrical distribution board 18 way with 125 Amps which is connected to 2 other distribution boards with 100 amps each-the reason we did was because the cables were overwhelming in numbers.after that the wires go into different containers.grounding is there.
everything worked fine but we are facing these challanges last 2 days.
-burned mobile chargers.
-voltage fluctuations,Air conditioner goes dim and dimmer then starts to work again.
this is a hot environment so every bodys needs Air con which is used irresponsible by leaving it ON some times.i also noticed at midday 12 oclock ,electric problems start to appear which was not in there in the morning,i suggested because workers return for lunch and turn on every Air con in their rooms so there is a LOAD issue,i suggested to management to cut off at this peak time for 1-2 hours but was ignored.today,i noticed one of the containers was giving electric shock and when i checked with the voltage tester,BAM it was there.i grounded the container with IRON ROD and the problem disappeared.

confused as f

i am getting these problems

FionaZuppa

Occupation
Part Time Electrician (semi retired, old) - EE retired.
not sure, maybe take a rest and read a book or two.
swamp coolers create cool air.

mivey

You should let the EE know the problems you have seen and let him figure it out or he can call an electrician. Not really a problem you should be tasked with solving.

If they task you with solving it, then you should call an electrician. You need somebody who is qualified to troubleshoot the problem.

If they don't want to fix it, then so be it. It is what it is and beyond your control.

Status
Not open for further replies.