Boat Hoist

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did look at the definition of outlet. If a junction box is an outlet, wouldn't it be better to remove the word outlet and just state that boat hoist 240 v. or less at dwelling unit locations must have GFCI protection

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
I did look at the definition of outlet. If a junction box is an outlet, wouldn't it be better to remove the word outlet and just state that boat hoist 240 v. or less at dwelling unit locations must have GFCI protection

If we already know what the word outlet means and how it applies to the GFCI requirement why would you need to remove it?

kwired

Electron manager
210.8 A and B requirements is all for receptacle outlets.

210.8 C never mentions receptacles - but there is still an outlet somewhere in every branch circuit.

210.8 D - (even though I question it's presence) is similar to C in that it says "outlets" and not "receptacle outlets"

MAC702

A circuit can pass through an area, including with a junction box to extend the run, and not be an outlet to power something from that box in that area. So a j-box is not always an outlet, but if it's powering something at that j-box then it is. Does that make sense, or just in my head?

Status
Not open for further replies.