Charles F. Brush

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper

And I though he was British............

Nope, although he is definitely associated with British electrical history.

The original UK company was the Anglo-American BRUSH Electric Light Corporation which was established in 1879 in Lambeth, London, to exploit the inventions of Charles Francis BRUSH (1849-1929). BRUSH, born in Cleveland, Ohio, had developed his first dynamo in 1876 and founded the American BRUSH Electric Light Company in Cleveland OH also in 1879. In 1890 the American Brush company merged with Thompson Houston Electric in Lynn MA and in 1892 with Edison Electric of NY City to become the General Electric Company.* The UK BRUSH Company owned the worldwide Patent and Sales rights of the various products excluding the United States.

http://www.brush.eu/en/87/BRUSH-Group/About/Facility-Histories

Edit: Just noticed gar's wiki link mentioned this already. Oops.

Besoeker

Nope, although he is definitely associated with British electrical history.

http://www.brush.eu/en/87/BRUSH-Group/About/Facility-Histories

Edit: Just noticed gar's wiki link mentioned this already. Oops.
I've been to the Brush UK works in Loughborough a few times. The last was for string tests (for efficiency) on one of our 1140kW VSDs.
It's one of those anxious times - you guarantee a NNT efficiency figure. Get it wrong and there is financial pain! And no reward for exceeding it....

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
I've been to the Brush UK works in Loughborough a few times. The last was for string tests (for efficiency) on one of our 1140kW VSDs.
It's one of those anxious times - you guarantee a NNT efficiency figure. Get it wrong and there is financial pain! And no reward for exceeding it....

The secret to success...under-promise and over-deliver.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
True. But under promise and lose the bid. A tight rope.
And it can be lost on half a percentage point.

I didn't say it was easy...;)

Operating in the converse may get you a few jobs by cutting corners, but soon enough the customer pool gets wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.