Pool heaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizak

Is there any deration factor that can be used in figuring the feeder size needed to supply (4) 47A 240 volt single phase pool heaters?

Thanks

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
They are likely not to run continuously unless the pool temperature set point is being changed, but I strongly suspect that when heating is called for they will all be on at the same time.
I do not see this situation as justifying a diversity based reduction in calculated load.

Besoeker

They are likely not to run continuously unless the pool temperature set point is being changed, but I strongly suspect that when heating is called for they will all be on at the same time.
And possibly for quite a long time Around 11kW is not a lot . You'd need to know the volume of the pool and the temp change required.

Luis Couto

I'm in Florida now and originally from New Jersey.
Let's design a Air Conditioner condenser that can convert into a heat pump!
From "0 to 100" = 30 degrees Fahrenheit difference. That can utilize the extraction of cold in the winter into heat for the pool, and vice versa do the opposite in the summer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
I'm in Florida now and originally from New Jersey.
Let's design a Air Conditioner condenser that can convert into a heat pump!
From "0 to 100" = 30 degrees Fahrenheit difference. That can utilize the extraction of cold in the winter into heat for the pool, and vice versa do the opposite in the summer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
What are you trying to get at here?

A basic heat pump moves heat one direction in summer and the other direction in winter.

There are more complex systems out there that can heat one room and cool another room at the same time, all driven from one compressor unit.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
A heat pump is what they use to heat the pool water. We are wiring one up as we speak. 42 amps- looks like a large heat pump but designed for pools.

Status
Not open for further replies.