Terms- Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

42P panel all with 1P 20A breakers(all #10 wire) and separate neutrals. Say there are about 7 homeruns with 6 circuits each.....all said and done with grounds there are about so about 91 #10 wires. So NECA and what we have used in the past is roughly about 5 minutes per wire. This includes dressing, tagging/labeling and terminations. So this is about 7-8 hours for all 91 wires. I know there are variables such as doing them all at once or going back and forth.

Does 7-8 hours(basically one day) seem reasonable to you guys?

cdslotz

42P panel all with 1P 20A breakers(all #10 wire) and separate neutrals. Say there are about 7 homeruns with 6 circuits each.....all said and done with grounds there are about so about 91 #10 wires. So NECA and what we have used in the past is roughly about 5 minutes per wire. This includes dressing, tagging/labeling and terminations. So this is about 7-8 hours for all 91 wires. I know there are variables such as doing them all at once or going back and forth.

Does 7-8 hours(basically one day) seem reasonable to you guys?

I always used .20 per pole, which includes the neutral....42 x .2 = 8.4 hrs

What about your can labor?

kwired

Electron manager
What tasks are you trying to cover?

Just making up the panel after branch circuit conductors have been pulled and assuming the service/feeder supplying the panel has already been installed, it should only take 2 or 3 hours for anyone with experience to make up the connections in the panel. This also assumes whoever pulled conductors already had somehow identified what they go to and all you need to do is route, cut and terminate within the panel.

mstrlucky74

What tasks are you trying to cover?

Just making up the panel after branch circuit conductors have been pulled and assuming the service/feeder supplying the panel has already been installed, it should only take 2 or 3 hours for anyone with experience to make up the connections in the panel. This also assumes whoever pulled conductors already had somehow identified what they go to and all you need to do is route, cut and terminate within the panel.

Agree but I'm talking total hours to term and identify/label wires...so I would add an hour or so to your 2-3

mstrlucky74

I always used .20 per pole, which includes the neutral....42 x .2 = 8.4 hrs

What about your can labor?

Can labor?? You mean the back box? That with trim and cover I use about 3 hours total. Remember guys these labor units represent other things as well...such as drawing study, material transport, layout, non productive labor. Only about 50% of the labor unit is actual instalttion.

kwired

Electron manager
Can labor?? You mean the back box? That with trim and cover I use about 3 hours total. Remember guys these labor units represent other things as well...such as drawing study, material transport, layout, non productive labor. Only about 50% of the labor unit is actual instalttion.
That is why I asked what tasks you are trying to cover, if you already covered material transport, layout etc. in another portion of the project you don't need to add it again to this task or group of tasks. Now if someone pulled conductors but didn't identify them then you have more to do with this task - but those pulling conductors did save some of their time not identifying things, though it may have been more efficient time management for them to do it then the guy that comes in later to sort things out. Might make a difference who gets paid the higher wages also.

Status
Not open for further replies.