South Korean Electrical Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
All,

I have a project in South Korea and I can't find any resources online regarding a South Korean electrical code. Does anyone know if one exists, and if so, what is it called?

Thanks in advance!

John the Engineer

I would start by finding a native SK that is fluent in both languages... Then start making phone calls across the big water starting with electrical companies up to government.

May also investigate if we (US) have any military base or consulate over there that may be of service... Remember that you pay taxes too...

Good Luck!

NB

justdavemamm

I can't seem to find a formal electric code which is driving us (a U.S. based design firm) crazy.

When I've had projects go to Asia (S. Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia) , we've just told them we're following NEC / NFPA and if they wanted something different they'll have to tell us.

They've always said to go ahead and do that. Why not ask them what code they want ? I've never had a customer not tell me what standards they wanted me to follow.

Uh, this is for plc control panels and skidded systems. Not general building wiring.

goldstar

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
We have a tough enough time with our own NEC. I can't imagine using an electrical code written in Korean.:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.