outlet requirement in commerical kitchens and prep area

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcooper

exactly what are the requirement for a commercial kitchen? I know they have to be GFCI protected but I'm not sure about required locations... and around the slop sinks?

dcooper

I didn't think so but I wanted to make sure....... what about slop sinks? is there a requirement for them?
I have plenty of outlets scattered through-out the whole area, I'm just trying to keep things code compliant

ramsy

Roger Ruhle dba NoFixNoPay
Occupation
Service Electrician 2020 NEC
Do I need to repeat myself?:)

Thats what you get for relying on the internet.

Doing this yourself will void property insurance, when adjuster finds code violations you installed.

If you won't hire qualified persons, then you better get a code book, and look it up. NFPA-70 210.8(B)

jumper

Thats what you get for relying on the internet.

Doing this yourself will void property insurance, when adjuster finds code violations you installed.

If you won't hire qualified persons, then you better get a code book, and look it up. NFPA-70 210.8(B)

I am a bit confused on your post.

OP knows about GFCI protection for receptacles, the question is about where receptacles are required in a commercial kitchen.

And why are you quoting me in your little tirade?

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In a non dwelling occupancy, there are only a few requirements for receptacles (IE service area receptacle).
For example no receptacles are required in kitchens, but the NEC requires those installed to be GFCI.

dcooper

Ive been in the trade since 94 and been lic since 2000. I don't claim to know everything.... I looked through the book and didn't see anything. I figured I'd throw it out on here incase i missed something...... I thought that's what this forum was for? Ive also been a member on this board for years now...... So whats up with the wise ass remarks?

dkidd

Occupation
PE
Ive been in the trade since 94 and been lic since 2000. I don't claim to know everything.... I looked through the book and didn't see anything. I figured I'd throw it out on here incase i missed something...... I thought that's what this forum was for? Ive also been a member on this board for years now...... So whats up with the wise ass remarks?

I think you have been mistreated as well. You had a valid question. The comment was from way out in left field.

Status
Not open for further replies.