Exam testing in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
I have a question for anyone that can relate, I'm in the process of getting ready to test for my license.
i have the hours and requirements, now do i get the hours from my employers or get them straight from social security?
and mail them straight with the application?

sorry for the noob question..

thanks in advance.

solis

You will need to go to the SS office and get a certified copy. You to pay for it and mail it in with the app. I have heard that sometimes getting a non certified copy, which is free is accepted but they mad me provide a certified copy

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
You will need to go to the SS office and get a certified copy. You to pay for it and mail it in with the app. I have heard that sometimes getting a non certified copy, which is free is accepted but they mad me provide a certified copy

I'm not a CA guy so I may not understand their requirements. How does a SSA statement document work hours? They only track $. And it would not indicate what you did. What am I missing here?

Thank you for your response, yes i did that today, 115$ is the fee for anyone that wants to know.
now on the application a)2 where says to enter actual hours of work but not more than the maximum
did you just come up with numbers or how did u fill those out?

https://www.dir.ca.gov/dlse/ecu/ElectricalCertificationForm.pdf

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
I would think that the pay stubs would work fine. As well as your general journeymans certificate showing the number of years.

solis

I just filled them out to match the categories, and not be more than the SSA showed worked. It was fine.

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
That link showed is for Electrician certification not a License. You cannot work on your own for yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.