mass 15 hr renew audit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselram752

I got the nasty letter from the state on fri letting me know there is no record of my 15 hr code review for 2008 and i have 2 weeks to get it to them or else:-?
I faxed a copy of the cert. over the weekend and called the board monday and they said 8000 audit letters went out last week.
Any one else here get an audit yet?

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I got the nasty letter from the state on fri letting me know there is no record of my 15 hr code review for 2008 and i have 2 weeks to get it to them or else:-?
I faxed a copy of the cert. over the weekend and called the board monday and they said 8000 audit letters went out last week.

No i have not yet. but the school you went to should be sendig that info in electronicaly and they should have given you a copy. also they are looking to see if you have been getting your six hour extra course in and the school should have given you a record of that but on the six hours they are not required to send that info to the board.

You must save all that stuff for at least 3 code cycles.
Remember you must prove your 21 hours per cycle Good luck.

moresi

Yes, i too received one as did many of my friends. I did not find the letter to be nasty but understand it to be more of a slected audit measure. That or there was a glitch at the board that resulted in some lost data. Yes a headache for us but not a big deal.

dieselram752

I have to say the board had my status all cleared up on the web site in 2 days after i faxed the copys of schooling in.:)

I just cringe anytime I have to deal with the state and expect the worst but the elect. board is on the ball and treated me well.

electricmanscott

I hope that whoever it was you took the class with and failed to notify the board you were there is not allowed to partake in the code update racket, err educational experience from here on in. ;)

audit

audit

8,000?

Yup got mine too, and I thought it was nasty too - anytime the Commonwealth asks for info and then remind its citizens of the pains of perjury in the same sentence it leaves a sour taste.

...........And they don't exactly have an approved list of courses for the additional six hours.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
8,000?

Yup got mine too, and I thought it was nasty too - anytime the Commonwealth asks for info and then remind its citizens of the pains of perjury in the same sentence it leaves a sour taste.

...........And they don't exactly have an approved list of courses for the additional six hours.

Real- Bostonian.

For the list of CU click here.http://license.reg.state.ma.us/public/el_ceu/el_list_ceu_providers.asp

When you look at the list some are aproved for 6 hours and some are not.:grin:

I might be in some trouble - I had thought that the 6 hours of additional was still fairly open - didn't know there were "approved" providers for the six hours.

I took a 60 hour Photovoltaic course (6 CEU's) at Springfield Tech Com College, this is no good?

electricmanscott

I might be in some trouble - I had thought that the 6 hours of additional was still fairly open - didn't know there were "approved" providers for the six hours.

I took a 60 hour Photovoltaic course (6 CEU's) at Springfield Tech Com College, this is no good?

You're good. 6 hours of anything related to the trade. It's pretty much open to whatever you want. Guess what time I count. ;)

Six Hours Professional Development

Six Hours Professional Development

A little more info:

"In addition to the 15 clock hours of instruction noted above, six additional hours shall be completed and may be in a areas chosen by the licensee for professional development in the subjects of electrical code, business, law, first aid, safety and building code and related topics. It shall be the licensee's responsibility to ensure that their provider has been approved by the Board."

"Certificate of completion of Profession Development Seminar/Course

a.Classroom-clock hours of instruction and subject matter
b.Date of course
c.Course Sponsor's name
d.Speakers name
e.Signature of the course provider signed under pains and penalties of perjury
f.Name of attendee"

http://tinyurl.com/Mandatory-Continuing-Ed

LEO2854

Esteemed Member

Scott is right as long as they gave you some type of record just make sure that you save all that stuff for at least 3 code cycles.

My concern Leo is with this sentence:

"It shall be the licensee's responsibility to ensure that their provider has been approved by the Board."

We all know (or should by now) who the 15 hour code review providers are but it seems they are cracking down on the six additional "Professional Development" hours & who provides them.

In the last 15 hour class I attended there was discussion of elimanating classes like CPR & First Aid as being no longer suitable for the six hour credit, are they kidding?

My concern is that perhaps THE BOARD should spell out what exactly they feel is valid instead of 20,000+ electricians calling them, writing them for direction. I personally don't think the additional six hours were intended to be solely provided by the existing crop of code review providers (How many grounding courses can one sit thru?). I've had taken the view that if the class was provided by a local community college & trade related I would be safe (somewhat automatically) but after getting the latest letter & reading the exact wording of the regulation I'm concerned that at some point some of us might find ourselves in legal limbo.

I think the Board should in cooperation with the various community colleges advertise courses which are specifically approved by them. I get mail from Massasoit CC all the time - it would be nice to see a list of classes "pre-approved".

I'll be contacting the board to suggest this.

I did as well two weeks ago! The letter was a suprise and the MA board could have stated the reason was a computer glitch v.s. the warning. I found this out by calling the board immediatly and speaking to a nice woman there.

I also left a message for my cont ed. provider about the problem.

So....as suggested, I faxed the cert right away, and just now went on line to check and found I am lapsed!! I am calling tomorrow am and see what's up. I did my diligence. Perhaps the next step is registered mail. I will keep you updated.

BTW this is for the 15 hour certificate according to my phone call. I completed this over a year ago too.

Just called the Board this AM and woman stated "I am all set" She also said the website "is not current" Well, I am hoping to see my cont. ed "current" soon as it's public info. I am sure they have thier hands full with the computer problem. I know everyone is having budget issues these days. Just fax or send registered mail, then confirm for your own sake.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.