Transitioning From Conduit to In-Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil_L

I am attempting to install a grid-tie PV system at my house in Utah. I think I have everything worked out except how to go from my A/C disco to my main panel. My A/C disco it outside, so I was going to bring it back into my garage with EMT, and then going to run against the wall in my garage until I get to my inner house wall. I was then going to drill a hole through both pieces of drywall to run the EMT through, but was then hoping to transition to in-wall wiring with Romex to my panel. I was hoping to find some sort of 1 gang new work box that I can bring the conduit into and transition to 10/2 Romex back to my panel that I will be backfeeding with a 30A breaker.

First off, is what I am even contemplating legal? And if so, is there anything that I can use to make this not so ugly?

Is there a better way to be doing this?

Thanks for any info - Wil

jumper

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.