1 disconnected switch with 2 meter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

defishu

Recently, we designed a job that have a existing switch which is HCP367VJ600 with existing meter, but we actually need 2 panels with 2 meters for the job. So i am wondering if we can reuse that existing switch? Is there any problem? More detail would be very nice. i would really appreciate if you could help me out. BTW the switch is unfused. Thanks.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
IMO, as long as you don't exceed the rating of the switch it cares less whats connected to it.
Conductors would need to be protected at their ampacity.
That said, the devil is in the details. Can you provide a bit more info especially considering its a NF switch.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
It would be rare where the utility would permit a disconnect on the line side of their cash register.

defishu

IMO, as long as you don't exceed the rating of the switch it cares less whats connected to it.
Conductors would need to be protected at their ampacity.
That said, the devil is in the details. Can you provide a bit more info especially considering its a NF switch.

The problem is our senior engineer said we can not reuse that switch, and i am kinda not trust him...My question is how we know if we can reuse that 600 amp switch mentioned above?

Status
Not open for further replies.