Hospital Grade (HCF) Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny1982

Has anyone ever used a Hospital grade cable (green) larger than #10 wire? Specifically 8-4 Aluminum Jacket HCF cable. Does this exist?

Thanks

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
don't see it cataloged anywhere. since its primary use is for branch circuits I doubt you will find it larger than 10.

Might be able to get a special mill run on what you need. We got some tray cable custom for a PV system. I used to think you needed to order a bazillion feet to get a special run, but I think you would be surprised how low the quantity would be.

kwired

Electron manager
don't see it cataloged anywhere. since its primary use is for branch circuits I doubt you will find it larger than 10.
Presuming you mean the "redundant grounding" requirement only applies to branch circuits (and not to feeders) I agree. Not many items in a general patient care area that need more then a 20 amp branch circuit, so no demand for more then 12 or 10 AWG, means it probably is not stocked. X ray, MRI equipment, etc. may be the exception but those are limited in comparison to how many other patient care rooms there are with only need for 20 amp max branch circuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.