pool clearance

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxofaltrds

Inspector Mike®
Occupation
ESI, PI, RBO
Mike I know you are busy on the 20 threads about recep. in a kitchen but what does 680.22 have to do with a sub panel.

Thanxs I lost count.

IF I had an outlet attached to my 'sub' panel and it was within 6' of the pool it would be a violation.

If that outlet was supplying a pump and within 10' it would be a violation.

kwired

Electron manager
Mike I know you are busy on the 20 threads about recep. in a kitchen but what does 680.22 have to do with a sub panel.

Thanxs I lost count.

IF I had an outlet attached to my 'sub' panel and it was within 6' of the pool it would be a violation.

If that outlet was supplying a pump and within 10' it would be a violation.

The outlet would be a violation, the question is about the panel.

kwired

Electron manager
5 ft unless seperated by a wall per 680.12, IMO

That is about the best section that I can find but really does not necessarily apply to the OP unless it feeds pool equipment and is the disconnecting means for said pool equipment.

You would think there would be a section someplace that specifies a minimum distance for 'any' electrical equipment, whether related to pool equipment or not, but I don't find one. If supplying pool related equipment there are multiple sections with a minimum distance from the water.

Jim W in Tampa

That is about the best section that I can find but really does not necessarily apply to the OP unless it feeds pool equipment and is the disconnecting means for said pool equipment.

You would think there would be a section someplace that specifies a minimum distance for 'any' electrical equipment, whether related to pool equipment or not, but I don't find one. If supplying pool related equipment there are multiple sections with a minimum distance from the water.

you beat be to it

curt swartz

Electrical Contractor - San Jose, CA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
680.22(D) requires switching devices to a minimum of 5' from the inside wall of a pool. Most panels contain switching devices (circuit breakers or fusible switches).

Jim W in Tampa

680.22(D) requires switching devices to a minimum of 5' from the inside wall of a pool. Most panels contain switching devices (circuit breakers or fusible switches).

Thats pushing it a bit. They are not really saying panels
Would say it is not great location for a panel but what would be hazard if not part of pool equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.