NEC standarts

Status
Not open for further replies.

electrics

Hello I want to learn NEC but I think it is very difficult for me to learn all these codes without having enough practice in field. So please advise me a nice illustrated and concise guide for NEC . I would be glad if it is one I can download easily from internet. Thanks

rrc14

Occupation
Engineer
NEC Handbook.

NEC Handbook.

The NEC Handbook has helped me out in the past and it is still helping me now in improving my understanding of the Code. I like the graphics and visuals in the Handbook that the Code book does not have.

And off course Mike Holt has numerous books and videos to help you pick up and understand the Code.

RC--

skeshesh

That cracked me up.

As RC mentioned, the NEC Handbook can be pretty useful as it includes explanatory text and illustrations relating to the standard (I guess you can call those NEC standarts ;) ). Quite honestly though, and I say this as a fresh-out-the-oven engineer with tiny experience compared to many engineers and technicians on this forum, I don't think there's any easy way to learn the NEC. Just hang in there, do your due diligence as far as researching and actually reading the articles and you'll get the hang of it.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I think you need to check your local community college and, or high school night classes. I learned a lot about the NEC through code prep courses and it was always fun to debate the always present "that's not what it says"!
I took a one year course. 3rd year of my apprentice course and learned so much!
Reading the code won't gain you much if you don't know how to use the index to look for the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.