Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB3

I have a new installation where the owner bought a new 'HOT TUB' & just wants to plug it into a 120 volt receptacle. Since it is an outside installation, I have been looking for a 120 volt 20 amp single receptacle in WTR (weather & tamper resistant), but have yet to find one. DOES anyone know if they are available? Thanks.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The thing is you must protect the outlet with GFCI even though the tub generally has a gfci cord cap on it. They usually supply the recep. and cover but I bet it isn't WR.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
:grin: I just assumed every one would know gfci is required and wr.

I liked the old smileys much better on the old forum. Also I miss the eyewinker, that was my favorite.

You used to be able to put one in by typing a semicoln followed by a parenthesis.

Testing: ;) ;) :)

Sigh. I guess you're right. They're gone. :(

JOHNEO99

I use a P&S 2095-TRWR I think P&S makes a 5351-TR (single) but I'm not sure if they make the TRWR yet.

Yes they make us memorize catalog numbers at the shop I work for.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I use a P&S 2095-TRWR I think P&S makes a 5351-TR (single) but I'm not sure if they make the TRWR yet.

Yes they make us memorize catalog numbers at the shop I work for.

John I just went to the P&S site and looked at the 5 pages of TR receptacles that they have. There are no single TR receptacles available that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.