Instant hot water tank above a operator control panel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davebones

Have a Deburr machine that uses Instant Hot Water for deburring parts . This machine sits on the floor and has a 3R - 36 x 36 operator control panel on the side of it . There's no conduits that enter the top of the enclosure . The water piping comes down to the instant hot water box just above the control panel and then piped over and down to the machine . Safety says we need to relocate the Instant Hot Water box as their concern is a water leak . There's always a risk of water issues as there water lines run all over the plant in the ceiling . Looking for opinions on this and is there be a specific code that would prohibit this ???

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
I don't know of a code to prohibit it. The controls are in a 3R box so they are somewhat protected.
You might be able to add some sort of drip shield above the box to ease their concerns.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I don't see any obvious issue. The inside of a 3R type enclosure is pretty well protected from dripping water.

I would be more worried I think about the potential for someone to be scalded if the water is especially hot. If the piping is accessible maybe it should be insulated and some kind of shield added so hot water does not drip down on the operator.

Status
Not open for further replies.