Resi guys BEWARE Art 225.39!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
How did you come up with 1500 for washer and 50 for lighting? I only know how to size for a whole house.:confused:

Last edited:

tryinghard

How did you come up with 1500 for washer and 50 for lighting? I only know how to size for a whole house.:confused:
Laundry (washer), 220.52(B)
Lighting from general lighting table 220.12 (storage doubled), this can actually be calculated at 1/4VA but at this level it?s splitting hairs it has no effect on the 27A outcome. I don't believe this building is a "dwelling" but even if determined so the load would only be 28A and the #10 30A feeder would still be minimal.

hotwire1955

although i have been doing this a number of years now, this one just fell out of the sky like a meteor!!!!

almost killed me, but i got real lucky and the inspector told me about it before i covered my ditch!!! had a light/recept ckt, dryer ckt, and washer ckt in a little tiny shack and had to run 60amps to that little 10x10' MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAHHH!

all the code classes i've been to and never heard of this one. wow!! whatta kick in the pants! had to rip out 50 ft of #6 and replace it with #2 URD.
(just cause that's all that was available). AAACCKKK!

What is wrong with #6 feeding a 60 amp panel?

Status
Not open for further replies.