Rigid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK_EDDIE

looking for estimate for running 200' of rigid . ceiling height 20', level of difficulty
from 1-10 = 8+ . I have the material ect. i just dont know the time factor of running and threading 1-1/4 rigid. thanks

Rockyd

Occupation
Retired after 40 years as an electrician.
Need info. How far from the shop? Are you building a rack on all-thread, or just sticking it to a piece of 1-5/8" strut, or can you go direct to the overhead? Assume your going to be on a Genie rolling lift, or is this on scaffolding? Do you need to cut and thread any pieces? If so, if one or two pieces, a hand threader will do in a pinch, otherwise thinking a tri-stand and a 700, die, and oil pot, and rags! Any bends? factory fittings, a Chicago, or a 555 Greenlee?

With what i have...anything from one day to up three days. Way too many variables that come to mind. Narrow it down, and some answers should be forth coming.

ASK_EDDIE

rigid

rigid

this is a food plant, i will be able to set up right outside the work area on the one end
i will have to use a genie lift , yes there will cutting and threading, i have a 700 threader set up. It is not a clear shot by any means . 30' will be on perlin then 90* on to sheetrock fo 30' then 90* to transition to an unlevel peak in the center red iron beam for 80' transition to a flat metal wall.

growler

With what i have...anything from one day to up three days. Way too many variables that come to mind. Narrow it down, and some answers should be forth coming.

I was thinking a minimum of two days for a journeyman and helper. If this is an operational food plant it may be difficult to get were you need to be at any given time and a ground man would be needed just for safety. Probably have to spend time just ropping off work area.

It can go a lot slower than most people would think just because of trying to do the work in an operational environment and keeping everyone safe.

Rockyd

Occupation
6 to 9 hours per hundred under normal conditions - but then your saying nothing is easy? Mobiize and demob each day (active plant)? I agree with growler. Sixty feet a day (thinking 8 hr) might be big, but two guys, sounds reasonable without actually being there.

200/60 = 3.33days = 26.66Man hours

27/16 hours =1.68 days for two guys - it'll be two by the time all is said and done.

Bill ruffner of turbobid is part of the forum if you want to look himup.

Here is another option -http://www.electrical-estimating.com/

Good luck with your project.

Last edited:

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
I would try to keep it as stright as I could; hangers/rod are cheap compared to labor.
Will you be filling the pipe with any wire? If so how many pull points?
2 men for sure, your call on time, any pre job briefs or other stuff that must be done to be in the plant? Drug test etc.

ASK_EDDIE

rigid

rigid

the job is only about 10 mins away from the shop, I actually do quite a bit of work for this plant, so i know all the in and outs for this plant. They have just now switch to an all rigid policy and this is the first project i done since the policy started. I have done rigid jobs in my youth as a helper and a journeyman, but i never have Bid one for My own company so i was looking for input on the type of man hours .... my own thoughts at were that it was going to take 2 days 2men.
the rest of the project is installing a new 480volt 100 amp 3phase panel for a 3 battery chargers for the forklifts. The total cost of the material pipe,wire,lb, unistrut , hangers ect is 2000 grand.the 24 circuit 3 phase panel with breakers is
right at 1000.00. lift rental is 400.for a week.

Rockyd

Occupation
I'll take that as not a bad guesstimate for being 4ooo+ miles away (Anchorage ,Alaska). That your in Texas means you don't have to worry about stocking your pipe a day early (pipe bends better when it's warm). Or any other environmental hassles.

Let us know how we did! I assumed your both pretty good at getting "the action" going...

hurk27

the job is only about 10 mins away from the shop, I actually do quite a bit of work for this plant, so i know all the in and outs for this plant. They have just now switch to an all rigid policy and this is the first project i done since the policy started. I have done rigid jobs in my youth as a helper and a journeyman, but i never have Bid one for My own company so i was looking for input on the type of man hours .... my own thoughts at were that it was going to take 2 days 2men.
the rest of the project is installing a new 480volt 100 amp 3phase panel for a 3 battery chargers for the forklifts. The total cost of the material pipe,wire,lb, unistrut , hangers ect is 2000 grand.the 24 circuit 3 phase panel with breakers is
right at 1000.00. lift rental is 400.for a week.

Did you include fusible 3-phase disconnects for the chargers? some require fuses for OCPD might want to check with the manufacture on this, other wise not needed if within site of the panel. $2k is tight for material, the wire and conduit is close to $1500 by itself with no markup.
I would say 200' of 1 1/4" ridge conduit with 3 #3 thhns is going to be a tuff pull, and I hope you dont need a neutral. I would still run 1 1/2" at the smallest.

Last edited:

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Hurk, most of our jobs are "drug free" and some have pre and random testing at the site or at where they send you to.

Rockyd

Occupation
So how did all of us long distance estimaters do??? That is assuming the job is done...

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Drug test??:confused:

That was kind of a strange thing to throw in there:grin:
Wayne, drug testing and safety orientations can actually be quite expensive as far as employee payrole and should be figured in as non-productive labor. We have a number of jobs going with more than 100 employees that have sat through 1/2 to 3/4 of a day of safety training and drug testing before being allowed on the job sites.

Roger

ASK_EDDIE

I have sumitted the bid , but no word back yet, it came in at about 8700.00 so they may take a longer look at what they want to do.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
this is a food plant, i will be able to set up right outside the work area on the one end
i will have to use a genie lift , yes there will cutting and threading, i have a 700 threader set up. It is not a clear shot by any means . 30' will be on perlin then 90* on to sheetrock fo 30' then 90* to transition to an unlevel peak in the center red iron beam for 80' transition to a flat metal wall.

food plants can cost more than it appears.. i've done a lot of ocal in them.

assuming this isn't ocal, i would figure it at 3 days by myself. i'd also do rod
and minnies, and run level and fast.

last week, i did 1" emt across a warehouse, using beam clamps and minnies.
out the panel, up to 30', 610' to the end of the building, down to xfmr on wall.
655' total took 7 hours. minnies and beamclamps rock.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
What are minnies?
Mineralac straps:

483000_300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.