What are those things called?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratrod56

Does anyone know where I can find those gutters used with isolated buss bars inside. They can be fed with lets say 500mcm and feed multiple disconnects or meters by simply bolting on lugs.
I am having trouble find any of theses anywhere on the web. Usually a bldg with one service but multiple meters like a strip mall will use something like this. thanks in advance!

ratrod56

Thats close but no cigar. I looked under bus duct, electric enclose, gutter, wire way, trough, I cant find a picture or specs.

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
Would distribution blocks work? We use those or insulated taps when we need to split off to several disconnects.

jeremysterling

It was not a gutter or wiring trough, but I have installed a "service distribution enclosure" for the utility feed to a multiple tenant retail building. It was around 4 feet square with bussing and 6" nippples to 12" wiring troughs on both sides.

From Austin Energy Design Criteria:

http://www.austinenergy.com/about us/company profile/AEDesignCriteria.pdf:

"The Service Distribution Enclosure shall be either a bus enclosure with a maximum 2500 amp service size or a juinction box with a maximum 1200 amp service size. The junction box shall be equipped with terminal blocks and sized according to the table "junction box and wireway specifications" in appendix C..."

stevebea

Does anyone know where I can find those gutters used with isolated buss bars inside. They can be fed with lets say 500mcm and feed multiple disconnects or meters by simply bolting on lugs.
I am having trouble find any of theses anywhere on the web. Usually a bldg with one service but multiple meters like a strip mall will use something like this. thanks in advance!

Google Hoffman Splitter Trough.

ohmhead

ItemGraphicB125.gif

Well hows this you can drill & install bolts & lugs and wire to meters its weather tight and custom made to order you can hook up anything you like to it . This is a outdoor gutter with copper & silver coated buss bars mounted on insulators inside a stainless steel welded seamless gutter if needed any size any shape made to order .

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
ItemGraphicB125.gif

Well hows this you can drill & install bolts & lugs and wire to meters its weather tight and custom made to order you can hook up anything you like to it . This is a outdoor gutter with copper & silver coated buss bars mounted on insulators inside a stainless steel welded seamless gutter if needed any size any shape made to order .

Man, that's pretty!

What's the pricetag for something like that? How long to build-to-order?

BJ Conner

Try Ilsco

Try Ilsco

Are these close?
Burndy makes some bigger bars but I don't have their catalog handy and they are hard to find on the web.

http://www.burndy.com/products/product-by-category/mechanical/mechanical-aluminum.aspx

https://www.ilsco.com/ProductsDetai...=LhaI/YkpvSVw1sKKc07QxKB1LBKiNLvuN5AVp5Sa2fE=

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
It's called "Bussed Gutter", even if you don't think it was "gutter".

Meter_Mounting_Distribution_Equipment_Putting_It_All.jpg

Circle AW is where this pic came from.

"Bus Duct" is something different. It is a plug-in power distribution system for factories, although the terms get confused a lot..

compact-bus.jpg

ohmhead

Buss duck

Buss duck

THIS IS BUSS DUCK
Mitsubishi051408041.jpg

A gutter is just a metal encloser it may have wires feeders or buss what ever you need it for but it is not buss duck .

BJ Conner

Burndy Electro Rail

Burndy Electro Rail

The attached has Burndy electro Rail starting on page 45.

Accessories follow. The rail is rated up to 1,500 amps an is up to 30 inches long.

http://plussuministros.com.mx/pdf/a_conectoresmecanicos.pdf

I am not sure you can install it in a box in the field or have to have it done by an approve shop. I have seen it use in temp power but that was on power plants and there was no code inspection.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.