NEC-2017_Formulas included within code book

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcsailor

Hello,
I know there is a 2006 post with a similar title but it's not what I am looking for.
I am looking for a reference that lists all the math formulas written in the NEC-2017 code book, by page.
I can't seem to find one so I thought I'd start a post.
--
NEC-2017_Formulas included within code book
Pg: Description:

• 70-102 Short circuit formulas for conductors
  • 70-689 Temperature Change Equation
  • 70-690 Effective Impedance
  • 70-795 I=VA / (E * 1.732)
  • 70-801 Conductor Ampacity
  • 70-806 Availability of System Performance

I know there's more in there but I don't remember what pages right know.
This is a start if anyone else is interested in this.
Phil :dunce:

pcsailor

I just took my Masters test today. Don't think I passed, ran out of time with the 5-1/2 hour limit. Discouraging. Test had alot of deep calculations and code book regulation look ups. I could have used 8 hours. Test is not realistic of what you do in the field, take the time to research and ensure the work is up to safe practices and code. The test doesn't accomplish much.
If I don't pass, I will retake it after altering my study plan a bit.
Phil

kwired

Electron manager
I just took my Masters test today. Don't think I passed, ran out of time with the 5-1/2 hour limit. Discouraging. Test had alot of deep calculations and code book regulation look ups. I could have used 8 hours. Test is not realistic of what you do in the field, take the time to research and ensure the work is up to safe practices and code. The test doesn't accomplish much.
If I don't pass, I will retake it after altering my study plan a bit.
Phil
I can't recall ever using most of the formulas you have mentioned, most of them are alternate ways of calculating something vs using tables already printed in the code, at least the few I went and looked at that you mentioned. I also don't see why a Masters exam would require using any of those formulas either, use the tables the code provides, it is probably faster, and probably what the examiners are using for "correct answers" anyway. Such formulas are mostly there for engineering use, and you likely could have answered questions faster using the tables.

Unless this is some kind of test specifically for engineering, then I may be off base with my reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.