Equipment ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

guschash

I’m doing a commercial restaurant and have a question on the ground wire. The receptacle is 3 phase with ground. Here is what happened. I’m pulling wire from receptacle box to a tie box and from the tie box to the panel. Well what happened was we were 3 feet short on the #8s. ,and the #10 ground. So I cut all the wire at the tire box and went got more #8s. So I tied the #8s together along with the #10 from my reel and pulled from tie box to panel, well the #10 was short so I pulled it out at the panel. My question is can I just use the 3/4 conduit from tie box to panel as my equipment ground.

Dale001289

I’m doing a commercial restaurant and have a question on the ground wire. The receptacle is 3 phase with ground. Here is what happened. I’m pulling wire from receptacle box to a tie box and from the tie box to the panel. Well what happened was we were 3 feet short on the #8s. ,and the #10 ground. So I cut all the wire at the tire box and went got more #8s. So I tied the #8s together along with the #10 from my reel and pulled from tie box to panel, well the #10 was short so I pulled it out at the panel. My question is can I just use the 3/4 conduit from tie box to panel as my equipment ground.

Its acceptable per 250.118. Just make sure the conduit is bonded at the panel and at the Tie Box to the #10 EGC.

david

Thanks for reply. I thought it was but I upset and not thinking.

the job was bid according to the specifications on the drawings, i would think your not pulling equipment grounds unless they where on the drawings.

edit: read it wrong

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.