NRTL Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

drembert01

I am getting some push back form the IT folks in our company arguing that since there raceway is not electrical it doesn't need to carry a NRTL/IRTL certification. My mindset is that it does but can not find anything to support my side. Anyone have a suggestion???

drembert01

I think I have it now

I think I have it now

Ok found an article that I think covers my a## lol.
Communications raceways--The 2008 edition of the NEC contained listing requirements and applications for signaling raceways (Article 725), optical fiber raceways (Article 770), communications raceways (Article 800) and CATV raceways (Article 820). Each of these families of raceways had general-purpose, riser and plenum grades. The 2011 NEC began the process of consolidating these redundant raceway types by eliminating CATV raceways and replacing them with communications raceways. The 2011 NEC also permitted communications raceways to substitute for optical fiber raceways so that an installer only had to carry two types--signaling and communications raceways.

drembert01

DC EQUIPMENT

DC EQUIPMENT

So, here I am again, baffled by something that seems it should be easy to explain. Could someone point me in the direction in regards to how 3rd party testing certificates relate to DC powered equipment???

Adamjamma

Ask them to take any router or any computer they have... does it have a UL rating?

If it did not require a listing by the government you would not see a UL or CE or such ratings on them...

it has voltage, can get hit by lightning, and can be affected by fire..thus it has safety requirements.
Here in UK even the surface mounted raceways used to hide cat 5 etc must now be hung 8n methods that retain the wires so they do not become hazards to fire fighters in fires... no more just doubleside foam tape but screws with metal retainers ...

Status
Not open for further replies.