Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Holt discusses Stray Voltage

Mike Holt discusses Stray Voltage

This is an excellent video for those who have the time to sit thru it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    This is an excellent video for those who have the time to sit thru it.
    First place I was going when I found out we could post here.

Any way to save it to my laptop?
    Inspector Mike
    ESI

Quote Originally Posted by jxofaltrds View Post
    First place I was going when I found out we could post here.

Any way to save it to my laptop?
    I am sure there is some software for that but I would just bookmark the link directly to YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAs_F...ayer_embedded#!

You can get a double ended male microphone (audio) cable from Radio Shack for under twenty dollars. You plug one end into the headphone jack on the laptop and the other end into the microphone jack on the laptop. Then use Quicktime (mac) or whatever it is Windows provides in the operating system to capture the movies as a screencast. Once you get the hang of it, you can do some really cool stuff, like flawlessly stringing video clips together to make a longer movie out of it. My Ipod is full of training clips I strung into movies I can listen to all day at work if I'm in the mood for it. Just don't attempt to resell anything...
    85deg. an Sunny today.

Here is a free you tube downloader

http://download.cnet.com/Free-YouTub...-75219434.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    Cool!

Downloaded and complete in 30 minutes. Gonna try more...

Quote Originally Posted by macmikeman View Post
    You can get a double ended male microphone (audio) cable from Radio Shack for under twenty dollars. You plug one end into the headphone jack on the laptop and the other end into the microphone jack on the laptop. Then use Quicktime (mac) or whatever it is Windows provides in the operating system to capture the movies as a screencast. Once you get the hang of it, you can do some really cool stuff, like flawlessly stringing video clips together to make a longer movie out of it. My Ipod is full of training clips I strung into movies I can listen to all day at work if I'm in the mood for it. Just don't attempt to resell anything...
    Not sure about an I-pod but I doubt very much you can send video files through your audio card on a PC? which is what the head phone and mic jacks run through??? matter of fack connection the mic to the headphone jack in most cases will send the audio card into a feed back loop and can damage the audio card if the mute is ever opened.

Many times the video file is being downloaded to a temp file as it plays, if you get good at timing to copy right after the whole file is downloaded (buffered) and can locate the file in the temp files, you can grab a copy and paste it into another folder before it is erased.
    Last edited by hurk27; 06-30-12 at 07:05 PM.
    Wayne A. From: N.W.Indiana
    Be Fair, Be Safe
    Just don't be fairly safe

I want to point out, something that came up recently because of a site that was hosting some of Mike's files on their server.

Mike doesnt mind that some of his files are for free, but he want's it to be linked from his site not hosted from another server, so if you have a website only put a link to the file on his servers not the file itself, this way they come here for the file, and it allows him to be able to update the file or make changes if mistakes are discovered, if hosted on another server he doesn't have this option.

I think it is great that Mike offers so much for free, so we need to respect his wishes.

Also please help with this by letting us know when you find any of Mikes files hosted on another site/server.
    Last edited by hurk27; 06-30-12 at 07:16 PM.
    Wayne A. From: N.W.Indiana
    Be Fair, Be Safe
    Just don't be fairly safe

Quote Originally Posted by hurk27 View Post
    Not sure about an I-pod but I doubt very much you can send video files through your audio card on a PC? which is what the head phone and mic jacks run through??? matter of fack connection the mic to the headphone jack in most cases will send the audio card into a feed back loop and can damage the audio card if the mute is ever opened.

Many times the video file is being downloaded to a temp file as it plays, if you get good at timing to copy right after the whole file is downloaded (buffered) and can locate the file in the temp files, you can grab a copy and paste it into another folder before it is erased.

So far Hurk, I have made 623 movies using the method I described above and have converted to .mp4 and transferred all of them to my Itouch and also my Ipad with no blowing up of any sound cards.
    85deg. an Sunny today.