HVAC equipment powered from two different source

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyrzk

Good afternoon, I have a situation I would like to know if some of you is familiar with.An HVAC unit can be separate into two point power connection.

Circuit 1(CTRL’s, Blower, PE, ERV)
FLA: 18 amps
MCA: 19.9 amps
MOP: 25 amp

Circuit 2(Comp’s, Cond’s, G. Heater)
FLA: 47.5 amps
MCA: 52.5 amps
MOP: 70 amp

Circuit 1 would be connected to an emergency panel, while While Circuits 2 would be connected to a Non-emergency panel.

Does anybody knows if that is code violation?

Thank you in advances!

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I don't see any issues, provided it is done correctly. The emergency circuit would have to be in a separate raceway, among other things. I think there are some labeling issues as well.

dannyrzk

I don't see any issues, provided it is done correctly. The emergency circuit would have to be in a separate raceway, among other things. I think there are some labeling issues as well.

Petersonra appreciate your answer, do you think the neutral coming from difference panels maybe a problem?

\
hanks
'

packersparky

Occupation
Inspector
I have never seen an HVAC load that was classified as an Emergency load, at the most they are considered legally required standby systems.

dannyrzk

I have never seen an HVAC load that was classified as an Emergency load, at the most they are considered legally required standby systems.

Those ERV's will be use in gym/storm shelter situation. When use as a shelter, the only thing you need to run is the fan for circulating airs as required by FEMA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.