Bus Drop Cable Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be running EMT from a bus duct switch with THHN wire to a 6 x 6 junction box. I then plan to drop bus cable with a 60 amp female plug. The machine will have a bus cable with a 60 amp male plug . This will be a 480v three phase drop. My question is how is the best way to terminate in the junction box between the thhn and the bus drop cable. I haven't used a lot of bus drop cable. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

stevebea

I will be running EMT from a bus duct switch with THHN wire to a 6 x 6 junction box. I then plan to drop bus cable with a 60 amp female plug. The machine will have a bus cable with a 60 amp male plug . This will be a 480v three phase drop. My question is how is the best way to terminate in the junction box between the thhn and the bus drop cable. I haven't used a lot of bus drop cable. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

I like to use split bolts or NSI's.

S'mise

NEC says you can't use buss drop cable from a jbox.
Either run it all the way with bussdrop cable or come out of the box with So, Sto or similar cord. Make sure to use strain relief / tenshion take up device

Status
Not open for further replies.