Revisited-What Will Inspector Say & What's Wrong with this Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwire1955

If you are talking about the feeder it is marked with a white stripe. I am sorry I don't see what you are talking about. I must be blind I guess.

The white stripe is on the grounded conductor on the right side of the bar,the two conductors are next to each other going up making it look like it's got the white stripe, but I don't think so.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Nice catch, took me a few times and didn't see it at first, but I over looked the main neutral in the second photo:roll:

I'm curious in the first and second photo if the OP actually installed those conductors in conduit from one end to the other of just put a male adapter in the bottom of the panel? I know with that little of wall removed that would have been a job without using a flexible wiring method;)

In 4 photo, the mixing of breaker brands in the CH-BR series panel could also be a violation of 110.3(B) breakers on left are CH-BR breakers, the two two-pole breakers on right are ITE Siemens, the botom right single pole I'm not sure but it is differant?[/QUOTE]

They wanted more 2-pole breakers and that's all I had (came from the old panel). Also there was a SP 20A that had 14AWG and I didn't have a 15A so I used one of their old ones. I have some more work to do there later and I plan on changing them then.
Hurk, you should be an inspector!

Riograndeelectric

Picture #4 the single conductor thhn wire going down the right side it appears to me there is no EGC for this circuit.
maybe I am not looking hard enough

the neutral conductor for the feeders in picture # 2 not identified as a grounded conductor. I do not think the white lettering qualifies as use as identification for a grounded conductor

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Picture #4 the single conductor thhn wire going down the right side it appears to me there is no EGC for this circuit.
maybe I am not looking hard enough

the neutral conductor for the feeders in picture # 2 not identified as a grounded conductor. I do not think the white lettering qualifies as use as identification for a grounded conductor

The EGC is there, I'm not a great photographer.

I posted earlier about that. Although I never ran or bothered those conductors, I should have taped it for them. I was just trying to make this old installation safe. Had a lot going on and didn't catch that until I was through. I have some more work to do there later, maybe I can remember to correct that then.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Revisited-What Will Inspector Say & What's Wrong with this Picture

096.jpg

It's blurry?

Status
Not open for further replies.