Revisited-What Will Inspector Say & What's Wrong with this Picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Some one had posted in my earlier post "what would the inspector say" about wanting to see what I would come up with to correct the mess I posted pics of.
Here is the original mess. The pic. is blurry, but you can see the conductors coming through a knockout with no connector.
096.jpg

This is what it looks like now. I corrected the mess where the hole was and added a ground bar to separate the neutrals and grounds since this is a sub panel.

113.jpg

This is the mess in the other sub panel which was in this post and another titled "What's wrong with this Picture.

105.jpg

This is the new sub panel I put in. Best I could do under the circumstances.

116.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
The inspector would say , you fail 200.6(B)

Guess I would have. Had so many things going at once I failed to re-identify the grounded conductor. I was more interested in making it safe but I should have re-checked before moving on.

How did you get that big white conductor under that little screw in photo #2?

There were actually some oversized holes in the bar, you can't tell from the pic. but they are there.

hurk27

The inspector would say , you fail 200.6(B)

Nice catch, took me a few times and didn't see it at first, but I over looked the main neutral in the second photo:roll:

I'm curious in the first and second photo if the OP actually installed those conductors in conduit from one end to the other of just put a male adapter in the bottom of the panel? I know with that little of wall removed that would have been a job without using a flexible wiring method;)

In 4 photo, the mixing of breaker brands in the CH-BR series panel could also be a violation of 110.3(B) breakers on left are CH-BR breakers, the two two-pole breakers on right are ITE Siemens, the botom right single pole I'm not sure but it is differant?

Last edited:

hurk27

Guess I would have. Had so many things going at once I failed to re-identify the grounded conductor. I was more interested in making it safe but I should have re-checked before moving on.

There were actually some oversized holes in the bar, you can't tell from the pic. but they are there.

Don't feel bad, I posted about a panel change out a while ago, and only after I posted the photos did I see a big mistake I did that could have cause some damage if the circuit was ever used, I put a 240 volt load on 120 volts, and put a 120 volt load on 240 volt, luckly the one circuit wasn't used in the winter and the other was turned off, and I fixed it the next day.:cool:

Heres the thread, see post 13:
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php/119060-My-day-at-church-photos

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.