GenerLink Meter Mounted ATS Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmellc

Occupation
Facility Maintenance Tech. Licensed Electrician
A prospective customer asked about this. He saw it on Home Depot website.

GenerLink Model MA23-N. You pull the meter, install the module and replace meter into it. Has a built in generator outlet, L14-30. Automatically disconnects utility power and allows safe generator operation.

This is the first I've seen of this. Other models work for 40 amp.

Looks like a good thing, if it works OK. My 1 concern is that the technology is reliable enough to consistently cut power back to the grid.

Has anyone seen or worked with these? See them on Generlink.com.

Thanks for any feedback.

jmellc

Occupation
Looks cost prohititive to me.

Sent from my LGL157BL using Tapatalk

Cost is high but add up the cost of an MTS, inlet box, wire and labor. 200 amp switches ain't cheap.

EC's could charge to put them in and make a cord if a longer one than standard is needed. Downside is that a savvy customer could buy it at HD and install it himself. Still might be a good option though, for us to get a small piece of it.

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Generlink has been around for 25 years that I know of. The problem is that the POCO has to approve. They have had a rough road with the investor owned POCOs. A little better luck with some of the Coops. Very similar in concept to the line side tap for PV device that plugs into the meter socket.

jmellc

Occupation
I have a message out to a guy at Duke Energy. He's tied up with storm projects at the moment. Waiting on his reply.

jmellc

Occupation
I just found out that Duke Energy doesn’t allow these. I’ll call Piedmont & check with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.