what do you think of this workl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockbust

Hi All, I am a GC and hired a new EC to wire a house. I am at wits end. It took him 2 months to come back after rough. Inspection for Temp Electric failed for several items. Some big ones were 14 gauge 15 amp circuit in the island and all receptacles in both bathrooms wired with 14 gauge. He comes back to fix and hides junctions boxes in the attic where he ties a new 12 gauge from panel to the existing 14 gauge leading to the kitchen and all bathrooms and sticks 3 20 amp breakers in the panel.

Some other items that the inspectors wrote up was no service light in crawl and attic for hvac.

Inspectors did not seem to care about the other issues I feel are not code compliant.

1 Both circuits in the garage require GFCI protection. Currently only one branch has a GFCI
2 there is no switch provided to operate the lights when entering the garage from the exterior through the garage overhead door or exterior door.
3 only one carbon detector is installed in the downstairs first floor location. Please provide a second carbon detector on the second floor where additional gas appliances exist.
4 the breaker panel is mounted too high on the wall it is 81" to center of main breaker.
5 there is no service outlet provided in the Attic and crawl space where HVAC systems are located.
6 there is no service receptacle provided for outside condenser units. the closest one is 27 feet away up on the rear porch.
7 there is a switch in the master bedroom that has a missing fixture that it operates.
8 there are several circuit breakers in the panel that require arc fault protection currently the panel can not facilitate anymore circuits Breakers of full size. maybe a subpanel is needed to facilitate the extra Breakers or a larger circuit breaker panel..
9 many large holes have been cut into the drywall to facilitate current repairs and more holes may be needed to finish the job.
View attachment 21242
View attachment 21243
View attachment 21244

Attachments

• 0915181313b.jpg
    0915181313b.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 0915181344 (1).jpg
    0915181344 (1).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 0915181345_Burst01.jpg
    0915181345_Burst01.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 7

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Looks like you need a new electrician. Obviously, there are tons of violations

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum rules. This Forum is intended to assist professional electricians, inspectors, engineers, and other members of the electrical industry in the performance of their job-related tasks. However, if you are not an electrician or an electrical contractor, then we are not permitted to help you perform your own electrical installation work.

If I have misjudged the situation, if for example this project is related to your work, then send me a Private Message. If you can show me that I am wrong, and that you are a licensed electrician (or at least a licensed apprentice), then I will reopen your post, and offer an apology for the delay and inconvenience.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.