Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Where to get a Dummy Receptacle

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    561

    Where to get a Dummy Receptacle

    Does anyone know where to get dummy receptacles if they even exist? I'm looking for a 120V/30 amp RV and a regular 120V/15 amp just to store an adapter plug in when not in use.
    *Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger...and then it hits me!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NE Arkansas
    Posts
    2,222
    Make one. That's why 'old work' boxes exist.

    Besides .... after you move, you might get a service call for the non-functioning receptacle

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    561
    LOL This isn't being installed in a structure. It'll be in a 2x4 box travelling on a vehicle
    *Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger...and then it hits me!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11,830
    If you don't wire it up to anything isn't that "dummy enough"?
    Bob

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Palm Bay, FL
    Posts
    561
    YEs that would do it too. Just thought I would see if a dummy was cheaper
    *Sometimes I wonder why the frisbee keeps getting bigger...and then it hits me!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    Posts
    5,978
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    YEs that would do it too. Just thought I would see if a dummy was cheaper
    Dummies are never cheaper. They always seen to end up costing more.
    Tom
    TBLO

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    YEs that would do it too. Just thought I would see if a dummy was cheaper
    How exactly MUCH CHEAPER do you expect than 2-3 bucks for one and 15-17 (at the most) for the other???????
    Not sure where you live, but in our neck of the woods a loaf of bread is 2-3 dollars.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA (21 Hrs. 32 Min. from Winged Horses)
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Electron_Sam78 View Post
    Does anyone know where to get dummy receptacles if they even exist?
    well, i'd go to wells fargo, and get one of the bins they put the
    operations officers in when they ship them away.... 'cause the
    operations officer at my branch is a serious dummy.

    deposited a check the other day for $9k... they put a 7 day hold
    on it.

    the company issuing the check has 63,000 employees worldwide,
    and had a net taxable income of 6 billion dollars last year.

    yep, better watch that check... i bet it's gonna bounce. the bimbo
    actually told me to have them wire the money next time......

    that'd be like telling bill gates to go get a cashiers check, so i know
    it will be good.

    i think it's time to fire up the farmers and merchants account.
    screw wells farkle.

    on second thought, skip looking for a dummy receptacle there....
    they need every one they have, to catch the overflow.
    “Give a person a fish and you feed them for a day;
    teach that person to use the Internet and they won't bother you for weeks.”

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    3,849
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulthrotl View Post
    well, i'd go to wells fargo, and get one of the bins they put the
    operations officers in when they ship them away.... 'cause the
    operations officer at my branch is a serious dummy.

    deposited a check the other day for $9k... they put a 7 day hold
    on it.

    the company issuing the check has 63,000 employees worldwide,
    and had a net taxable income of 6 billion dollars last year.

    yep, better watch that check... i bet it's gonna bounce. the bimbo
    actually told me to have them wire the money next time......

    that'd be like telling bill gates to go get a cashiers check, so i know
    it will be good.

    i think it's time to fire up the farmers and merchants account.
    screw wells farkle.

    on second thought, skip looking for a dummy receptacle there....
    they need every one they have, to catch the overflow.
    The issue is not a good or bad check with the banks, the clearing banks put al the. Out of statecissued checks on a 3 to 7 day hold our mommy goverment banking regulations are. Protecting banks now have to wait longer to clear all checks and out of state checks can take up to seven days

    Yes ask for cash if you need the money fast

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Fairmont, WV, USA
    Posts
    1,841
    The problem with dummy receptacles is that the springy things that hold the plug prongs are omitted and the plugs don't stay in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •