Lookin where to find a xfmr????

Status
Not open for further replies.

raiderjoe

I installed a sub panel for a an a/c unit at an apt. bldg.The unit is a 240 v single phase. 25 amp max current protection.Well me assuming that the apt. bldg drew 240 v. from the service thought it was an easy deal.Well come to find out the service coming in is a 120 /208 v.wye.I was wondering if you guys may know where i can find a 208v to 240v buck and boost xfrmr maybe a 1kv or 2kv single phase.I'm in the Los Angeles area.Any help would be very appreciated thanks!!!!!!
GO LAKERS (yeah right):(

iwire

Staff member
I was wondering if you guys may know where i can find a 208v to 240v buck and boost xfrmr maybe a 1kv or 2kv single phase.I'm in the Los Angeles area.Any help would be very appreciated thanks!!!!!!
GO LAKERS (yeah right):(

Well ........ where do you buy fixtures wire and conduit?

Any real supply house should have what you need (Not kv that is Kilovolt)

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
You sure that thing won't operate properly at 208V? Look at the control tranny and see if there are multiple taps.

NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
You have at least 9 CEDs within a 35 mi radius of the ballfield.

I haven't noticed lately if the smaller residential units have taps on the control transformers but I know at least some of the rooftop units do. Seems like more equipment is rated for multiple voltages all the time. Worldwide markets. Worth the time to look things over closely if you haven't already.

iwire

Staff member
A lot of RTUs may have control transformer with taps that does not automatically mean the compressor can run on either voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.