Coupling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

So looks like pvc. Looks like a coupling where it connects to box but you wouldn't use that? What is it? Male Adapter? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
ff6c97b5873aea51e947cc8457cb902d.jpg

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
But you can also use a coupling with a terminal adapter on the inside. It gives you a flush smooth entry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WarrMann

Yes. All you need is the "terminal adapter" which is the same thing as a threaded male connector for pvc at any supply house.

Im not a fan of the threaded coupling outside the box and screw a connector into that to secure it method. Just use a threaded connector, that's all you need if you line your conduit up square to the box

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

kwired

Electron manager
So looks like pvc. Looks like a coupling where it connects to box but you wouldn't use that? What is it? Male Adapter? Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
ff6c97b5873aea51e947cc8457cb902d.jpg
Off topic but sure looks like whatever is inside that box might be very crowded. Might be code legal if all under 4 AWG or is communications cables or something, but likely still very crowded.

jumper

Yes. All you need is the "terminal adapter" which is the same thing as a threaded male connector for pvc at any supply house.

Im not a fan of the threaded coupling outside the box and screw a connector into that to secure it method. Just use a threaded connector, that's all you need if you line your conduit up square to the box

The box adapter we are referring to glues into a coupling.

Z11N-wfo5oy.JPG

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
So what is this piece?

Butt the coupling to the KO, and this piece inserts through the enclosure into the coupling. The lip holds the conduit to the enclosure, and you now have a flush entry instead of threads coming up.

mstrlucky74

Butt the coupling to the KO, and this piece inserts through the enclosure into the coupling. The lip holds the conduit to the enclosure, and you now have a flush entry instead of threads coming up.

Ah so that piece get installed from the inside of the enclosure? Thanks.

WarrMann

The box adapter we are referring to glues into a coupling.

Z11N-wfo5oy.JPG
Huh! I've seen something like that a few times, but I always thought some guy just rigged something up with a reducer or something like that. It looks like it makes a pretty good "mechanical" connection when that glue dries.

I'm guessing they cost a few more dollars than a connector and locknut for the larger size conduits?

Status
Not open for further replies.