Your Input on Changes to The Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
When you hit "Submit Reply" you should receive a message if someone else has posted in that thread while you were typing.

mivey

You guys are way to paranoid.
I don't see the problem with requiring just the state.
There are a lot of questions that I pass on because they are location specific and there is no way of knowing what area the OP is from.
Name: mivey
State: paranoid :grin:

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I like ET's - you think they're the best?

smilies.jpg

Yes..:grin:

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
Here's my running list, in progress

1. Make the background white, white works.
  2. Lighten color on attached links, and make them underlined
  3. Remove the automatic italics in quotes.
  4. A better selection of emoticons would be nice.
  5. At the top of any forum page the 'quick link' list should be available
  6. The choices available at the top of each forum page should be the same as any other forum page.
  7. There should be a setting in the User CP to "Mark All Forums Read" upon session timeout
  8. Thicker line to denote signatures
  9. (MOD) Different color for moderated posts
  10. (MOD) Mod Queue to link directly to moderated posts
  11. (MOD) Post Deletions should be visible to members
  12. (MOD) Moderators should be able to PM moderated members
  13. (MOD) Posts to clear moderation should be one
  14. Group the MH Newsletters, YouTube, Facebook forums (like the active forums are) and enable collapsing them from view in the Forum main page
  15. (MOD) Remove "Physically Remove" option entirely
  16. New Posts & Todays Posts buttons - are they working?
  17. Weird glitch on page counts (Page 1 says "1 of 5" when there are more than 5 pages in a search, then "7 of 9", then it turns out there was 25 pages overall)
  18. Weird glitch on reply/view counts - Sometimes more replies than views
  19. Weird glitch on reply/view/post counts - Sometimes "$$" in post counts
  20. Uploading files to attachments manager fails under Mac OS Firefox
  21. (MOD) Deleted posts should leave a shorter residue - .5" instead of the 1.5" with big print we have now
  22. Repair Search Function: Searchable Code References (no char minimum), return posts (not just threads started), search by forum, display results by method of our choosing (replies, started date, last post date, etc)
  23. Require new members to enter their location, perhaps make a city/state field
  24. The old clickable "replies" header in searches is missed - returns unanswered threads in a hurry
  25. Make use of a Header in searches (Thread Title/Thread Starter/Last Post/Replies/Views/Forum) and then delete "Started By" "Replies" "Views" "Last Post:" and "Forum:" from thread lines of search; substitute "Today" and "Yesterday" for dates when possible; with the space saved, make the "Thread Title" Column wider so we can see more characters
  26. Insert a blinking mail light to make it more visible; set news user's PM setting to pop-up on new PM
  27. Glitch: After replying to a thread, "Next Thread" Button at bottom of page doesn't work
  28. Glitch: certain words get duplicated when viewed with XP / IE 8
  29. Glitch: Single Quote becomes a pair of separate quotes
  30. Remember preferred font in preferences
  31. Glitch: Attachment manager only manages one at a time - compare with subscribed threads.
  32. Add a message to notify if someone else has posted while you were typing
  33. Basically, study ET for a few minutes and make it so :cool:
  34. Add Tapatalk for smart phone users
  35. That Big Button to show an icon indicating status of a thread: make it the "view first unread post button" and iphone users might start mailing you their underwear

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
George thanks for taking this on. I realize you are very busy esp. with the new addition to the family. Again thanks for all your help and expertise.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I think it may be time to put future suggestions on hold until this list can be addressed. I would say these will be a handfull without any more. :grin:

BTW, how are the solutions/fixes coming along? :grin:

Roger

iwire

Staff member
George thanks for taking this on. I realize you are very busy esp. with the new addition to the family. Again thanks for all your help and expertise.

I agree and thank you George. :cool:

I think it may be time to put future suggestions on hold until this list can be addressed.

Yeah, it almost looks like the entire forum has to be erased and started from scratch. :grin:

tkb

Here's my running list, in progress

1. Add Tapatalk for smart phone users

Tapatalk is one, but Forum Runner is the other option.

ET is using Forum Runner, seems to work very well.
Theirs is branded for them, otherwise it is free for the forum operators.

Tapatalk is $2.99 for users.
Forum Runner is $1.99 for users but there is a free version.

If MH was on Forum Runner, then users can access MH and ET with the same free app.

Those whack jobs that split from ET are on Tapatalk.;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.