COLORADO EXAM PREP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone my name is Ted, I'm new to the site. I am moving to colorado next year from the Kansas City area and testing in KC for Colorado. I hold a masters in Missouri and Kansas but it's been quite awhile since i looked through the code book that deep to pass an exam. Are there any members that live in Colorado or moving there next year that want to network together and draw off of each other's knowledge and/or study? I'm doing pretty good on the calculation's but have a difficult time looking up thing's in the code in the time allowed. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank's everyone!

texie

Occupation
Electrician, Contractor, Inspector
Hello everyone my name is Ted, I'm new to the site. I am moving to colorado next year from the Kansas City area and testing in KC for Colorado. I hold a masters in Missouri and Kansas but it's been quite awhile since i looked through the code book that deep to pass an exam. Are there any members that live in Colorado or moving there next year that want to network together and draw off of each other's knowledge and/or study? I'm doing pretty good on the calculation's but have a difficult time looking up thing's in the code in the time allowed. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank's everyone!

Have you applied and been accepted for exam yet in Colorado?

ActionDave

Chief Moderator
Staff member
Durango, CO, 10 h 20 min from the winged horses.
Occupation
Licensed Electrician
Welcome to the forum.

I'm doing pretty good on the calculation's but have a difficult time looking up thing's in the code in the time allowed. Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated thank's everyone!

Don't get too hung up on the math,it's only one portion of the exam. The key to passing the exam is knowing the index. When I studied I went through back issues of EC&M and Electrical Contractor and looked at the code questions articles and looked up the references given in the answers; that helped me familiarize myself with the index.

Hanging out here and asking questions is a good way to study too. When you make it to CO your invited to my place.

Thanks for responding back, I’ve been driving all day from kcmo and here in Colorado for 10 days on vacation. Would definitely like to take you up on your offer. Since I’m new here I’m still learning how to navigate the site. I appreciate the welcome and just let me know when we can meet and talk thanks!

Hi there, I apologize just responded back I’ve been driving all day from kcmo and now here in Colorado on vacation. Yes I have been approved and taken the exam three times so far. I appreciate the response.

M3 Repair

KCMO

KCMO

Hey Ted hope you do well on exam! I was in KCMO for 3 years and have never seen so much "magic" wiring in all my life until I set foot there. Pretty scary! :jawdrop:

Working in Colorado without a license

Working in Colorado without a license

Morning Ron, sorry for early text on the road all day today. Didn’t know if you got my last message or not. Would like to keep in touch if possible 913-952-4725. I didn’t think you could work in CO for a company unless you had some sort of license, true? I’m testing in Missouri for Colorado, next exam is in November. Any advice you have towards moving here would be appreciated thanks!

If I can help, it’s all basic code. All the calculations I experienced on my JW and masters were for the most part Feeders for motors with multiple motors on the feeder(masters), I had one question in regards to welders and there were like 6welders on the feeder. And two voltage drop questions. Nothing complex like dwellings or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.