Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long weekend

Long weekend

I know it's not electrical related, but it could be.

So any plans for the long weekend, or do you even get a long weekend?

We've got the house up for sale so we've been busting our humps trying to get it ready to sell. I think we may actually be able to just sit back and relax this weekend after weeks of working on it night and weekends. I may start working on the arbor that I'm building for my daughters wedding in July.

I get every other Friday off so this is a nice 4 day weekend for me.
    I can build anything you want if you draw a picture of it on the back of a big enough check.

There's no substitute for hard work....but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying to find one.

John Childress
    Electrical Inspector
    IAEI / CEI / C10
    Certified Electrical Inspector

No real plans yet, I am on call starting Friday so I have to stay close to home and ready to go to work.

Steaks on the Barbee!!! 90s predicted for Sunday. Good thing church is Air Conditioned!
    Karl J This is only the beginning of the real story. These adventures here are only the cover and the title page... C.S. Lewis in The Last Battle

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyjwc View Post
    I know it's not electrical related, but it could be.
    I can think of an electrical connection.

As we reflect upon the warriors who sacrificed their lives for our freedom, we could also give a note to those who died working our profession, for they are the reason that we now have safety rules that protect us.

I was once told that for every code section and OSHA rule, in the days of old, someone probably died to get it enacted and enforced. Their deaths helped/are helping us from unnecessary danger.

Not great writing or reasoning, but it was the best I could do.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derék

Quote Originally Posted by jumper View Post
    I can think of an electrical connection.

As we reflect upon the warriors who sacrificed their lives for our freedom, we could also give a note to those who died working our profession, for they are the reason that we now have safety rules that protect us.

I was once told that for every code section and OSHA rule, in the days of old, someone probably died to get it enacted and enforced. Their deaths helped/are helping us from unnecessary danger.

Not great writing or reasoning, but it was the best I could do.
    It's the thought that counts.
    I can build anything you want if you draw a picture of it on the back of a big enough check.

There's no substitute for hard work....but that doesn't mean I'm going to give up trying to find one.

John Childress
    Electrical Inspector
    IAEI / CEI / C10
    Certified Electrical Inspector

I'll second Cowboyjwc
    John

“For those of us who believe in physics, this separation between past, present and future is only an illusion, however tenacious”- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyjwc View Post
    It's the thought that counts.
    Thank you sir.
    "Electricity is really just organized lightning." George Carlin

Derék

we wont make plans til Saturday, probably a mass text to all that may wish to grill

I have a 'daughter' (long story)whose boyfriend is deployed, hope he and all his brothers are doing well

congrates on the wedding

so will this arbor have lighting on it?

i think jumpers attempt to link this to electrical was better than mine
    Hard work never hurt anyone....but why risk it

Menu for the Memorial Day BBQ is being planned. So far it includes very large chunks of meat smoked the night before, hot dogs for the kids, coleslaw, macaroni salad, potato salad, tossed salad, fruit salad, crab salad, pasta salad, watermelon, and rhubarb crisp with ice cream.

Keeping it electrical- I'm thinking about having a house wide Spot the Violations scavenger hunt.
    If Billy Idol or John Denver is on your Ipod go and re-evaluate your life.

Close shop early Friday and have a BBQ, Coke 600 Saturday (Tailgate starts at 7AM), block party Sunday, golfing Monday.