Convoy of PSEG vans...heading north?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I saw interesting sight today. I saw a huge convoy of 15 or so PSEG service vans heading north on Route 95 in Connecticut. There were other groups of their trucks heading north for a total of 30 or so. It was interesting because PSEG is a New Jersey utility and was wondering why so many of their trucks would be heading into New England like this. There is no storm activity here and besides they were not lineman trucks. Anybody know what's up? Did PSEG buy a poco up here?

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
What I find particularly interesting is that apparently on the order of 6,000 customers have been without gas service ever since the incident, based on the need to retest the entire distribution system and all subscriber equipment for hidden damage before service could be restored.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

jumper

What I find particularly interesting is that apparently on the order of 6,000 customers have been without gas service ever since the incident, based on the need to retest the entire distribution system and all subscriber equipment for hidden damage before service could be restored.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wanna know how the NTSB has jurisdiction over gas pipelines. Transportation of gas in a pipeline is a lot different from air, sea, and road transportation.No vehicles involved.

MTW

Many crews will be dispatched from Michigan, and likely other areas to deal with the situation. Homeowners are holed up in all the local hotels. Crews will be accommodated on a cruise ship located in the mouth of the river.

The entire low pressure distribution system will need to be replaced before it is suitable for pressurizing again, per the NTSB preliminary report.
All customers will need a new service and regulator installed to accommodate the new high pressure mains that will replace the old low pressure mains.
All customer appliances will need to be repaired with new gas valves and regulators, to be suitable for operation again, or replaced.

About 18,000 customers customers affected, according to the CNN article. That's a tall order with winter rapidly approaching. There will be a lot of digging going on.

I suspect that the water utility will be called in to shut of water services, to prevent further home damages while the system is being replaced.

A serious engineering blunder, that will be mighty costly, for not accounting for the regulator sensing lines that controlled the mains pressure...

Status
Not open for further replies.