Fluke 377 FC need opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricMatt

My clamp meter, a fluke 373, broke on me today. I have been looking at the 376 FC for a while and was wondering if anyone out there has one or has an unedited review of one. I do mostly industrial troubleshooting and installations, I have a fluke 87V when I need something more precise, but for general troubleshooting and amp readings I wanted and 376 FC. Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
My clamp meter, a fluke 373, broke on me today. I have been looking at the 376 FC for a while and was wondering if anyone out there has one or has an unedited review of one. I do mostly industrial troubleshooting and installations, I have a fluke 87V when I need something more precise, but for general troubleshooting and amp readings I wanted and 376 FC. Thank you in advance for your opinions!

First suggestion is call Fluke. They may very well fix or replace it for free.

Russs57

Occupation
Maintenance Engineer
Reckon I'm strange but I have fondness for many of the older meters. Still think the old 8060A was a fantastic meter even if you had to pay attention to which button you pushed. The 27 was rock solid if you didn't need RMS and ultimate precision (still have one and a Simpson 260). My favorite of the clamp on meters was the 33.

But time moves on, sigh. I'd say the 376 is a nice step up from the 373. If it meets your needs I think it would be a fine choice.

Many of the older meters had lifetime warranties although I can't say if Fluke still honors them. The new ones don't.

P.S. I like have a crest factor feature but many are limited. Last time I looked Aligent and Textronix kicked Fluke's butt.

paul_arc

I have the fluke 381. It looks pretty much the same except has the remote display. I don't have any complaints with it. I enjoy the remote display for putting the meter in MCC buckets and closing the door. Then I can start the loads and look at the remote display.
It serves my needs and you'll be happy with the 376 or 381.

ElectricMatt

I have the fluke 381. It looks pretty much the same except has the remote display. I don't have any complaints with it. I enjoy the remote display for putting the meter in MCC buckets and closing the door. Then I can start the loads and look at the remote display.
It serves my needs and you'll be happy with the 376 or 381.

I looked at that one, but I do the like the data logging option with the FC.

Status
Not open for further replies.