ANSI device labeling for utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

solarmol

Trying to interpret a utility line diagram revision. For a backfed AC module system they want: "Clearly label 89L disconnect , 52-IT circuit breaker"
I have only seen ANSI Device 89-L labels on AC disconnects, but I assume it also applies to the backfed breaker.. What I can't figure out is if the branch breakers in the PV dedicated panel qualify as 52-IT and need to be labeled as such. Any thoughts? Haven't dealt much with this utility yet (ConEd).

beanland

89 = Switch

89 = Switch

Don't you love lingo. An "89" device is a switch. An "89L" would typically be a line switch but the "L" is arbitrary. I read this as they want all sources of power labeled. If you label the breaker/switch that toes to the service as "PV DISCONNECT 89L" they should be happy. As for the AC combiner, as long as there is a placard on the panel indicating it is for PV power, you should not have to label each individual switch. BUT, the POCO may have other ideas. Best to ask.

jaggedben

Occupation
Solar and Energy Storage Installer
I found this but I couldn't find anything regarding the 'IT' part of '52-IT'. I would probably assume that it doesn't matter. Well, that is, I know it doesn't matter, so I would probably label the breakers as such and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.