Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: comfortable hard hat

comfortable hard hat

I recently took a osha 30 training course and learned that all saftey equipment shall be worn comfortably, well I dont know about you but wearing a hard hat all day sucks. If any one can post a link to a more comfortable hard hat than the 10 dollar one that most companies give out please do>>>>>

Of all the hats I've ever wore, this is the one I like best,Name:  475369MSA_120x0[1].jpg
Views: 4295
Size:  2.0 KB

MSA Full Brim Hard Hat w/ Ratchet suspension.

You can check others here!
    Last edited by cadpoint; 05-31-12 at 10:12 PM.
    If your even thirsty, your two quarts low.

Quote Originally Posted by copper chopper View Post
    I recently took a osha 30 training course and learned that all saftey equipment shall be worn comfortably, well I dont know about you but wearing a hard hat all day sucks. If any one can post a link to a more comfortable hard hat than the 10 dollar one that most companies give out please do>>>>>
    I always chuckle at guys complaining about hard hats. I've never minded wearing one although I admit it does take re-getting-used-to if I go without one for awhile. Safety glasses are my bane. In sixteen years I've yet to find a comfortable pair.....almost tolerable maybe but certainly not comfortable.

To contribute, Grainger has a ton to choose from. I've bought several from there although we are only required to wear ANSI type I and not all the time at that. I personally like MSA hats.
    Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    What does the. MSA stand for?
    I ordered prescription safety glasses with full wrap around. I had never seen a pair like them before. The sample pair were very comfortable. We'll see. Pun intended. $$$.
    Tom
    TBLO

Quote Originally Posted by sii View Post
    I always chuckle at guys complaining about hard hats. I've never minded wearing one although I admit it does take re-getting-used-to if I go without one for awhile. Safety glasses are my bane. In sixteen years I've yet to find a comfortable pair.....almost tolerable maybe but certainly not comfortable.

To contribute, Grainger has a ton to choose from. I've bought several from there although we are only required to wear ANSI type I and not all the time at that. I personally like MSA hats.

I like these, I have had a terrible time finding one that wont fog up when you get hot and sweaty. So far, these are the best. As an added bonus, the reader part doesn't interfere with normal wear. Keeps me from carrying reading glasses and safety glasses.

http://www.abcsafetyglasses.com/sb1820r15.html

Quote Originally Posted by cadpoint View Post
    Of all the hats I've ever wore, this is the one I like best,Name:  475369MSA_120x0[1].jpg
Views: 4295
Size:  2.0 KB

MSA Full Brim Hard Hat w/ Ratchet suspension.

You can check others here!
    That is the one we wear.(Or looks like it) I know this is hard to believe, but once you get used to it, you will (and I have) forget it is on your head.

Quote Originally Posted by ptonsparky View Post
    What does the. MSA stand for?
    MSA stands for the MSA company. They called themselves Mine Safety Appliances, and probably still are called that officially, but it seems they want to be known as MSA. Link: http://us.msasafety.com/
    Karl J This is only the beginning of the real story. These adventures here are only the cover and the title page... C.S. Lewis in The Last Battle

I wear the ultra lite series hat from Fibre Metal.
    Some people are like slinkies. They serve absolutely no useful purpose. But still put a smile on your face when pushed down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by sii View Post

I chuckle too! At myself as well as others. You see a guy complain about hard hats and safety glasses on the job site, and watch them drive home in a ball cap and sunglasses. To a large extent the problem is phsycological. I suffer from it right along with everyone else.

I know what I don't know, and I know where to go to find it!

Salisbury makes cooling fans for hard hats that are nice for those hot days
    http://constructioninformer.com/2008...-keeping-cool/