American Electrician's Handbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagosparky

Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the American Electrician's Handbook. I'm taking the Virginia State exam later this week & that book is allowed into the exam along with the NEC book. Just wondering if there's any useful info in it or am I better off just sticking to the NEC.

kwired

Electron manager
That Handbook is full of good information, but I do not know how it will relate to the Virginia or any other NEC exam.
I have one from about 1985. Lots of good information in it, but doubtful it will be all that helpful for an exam that is supposedly NEC oriented, vs using NEC itself.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
Was wondering if anyone is familiar with the American Electrician's Handbook. I'm taking the Virginia State exam later this week & that book is allowed into the exam along with the NEC book. Just wondering if there's any useful info in it or am I better off just sticking to the NEC.

can you take both?

I don't think you are going to have time to look up every answer in any book but answer the easy ones and then use the book(s) to answer the hard ones.

480sparky

It's the only other book beside the NEC that's allowed when you take the test here. I always took a copy, but never used them.

Status
Not open for further replies.