Motor control circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEC2008

Hi - I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a motor control circuit I'm working on. Currently there is a Forward / Stop / Reverse switch controlling a motor and they want to add another switching location with Forward / Stop / Reverse. The existing switch obviously has 3 pairs of contacts a pair for each button. The right side of the switch on all 3 terminals is jumped out with 110 volts and the center stop button has 110 volts across to the left side terminal. The forward and reverse terminal on the left side go to seperate contactors. Since the motor is 3 pahse I assume one of the contactors just has 2 of the supply leads swapped to make the motor run in reverse.

Thank you in advance for any and all help

masterinbama

Assuming it is wired the way they typically are (key word assuming). Your new stop switch needs to be in series with the original, and your FOR. REV. switches need to be in parallel with the existing.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Assuming it is wired the way they typically are (key word assuming). Your new stop switch needs to be in series with the original, and your FOR. REV. switches need to be in parallel with the existing.

This is correct. Simply put, maybe there is a junction block you can just use one of the empty connection slots for each wire to do this.

Don't know if it can be written simpler.

Ditto! I have done this on machines with the same functions.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
You can see if you actually "interlok" the forward and reverse buttons it's not quite as simple as first thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.