200AMP Disconnect to 200AMP Distribution Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckduck

Hello,

I'm updating the wiring in my 1930's home. I've learned a lot about electrical work in the last couple months but am still very green, and have been working with a licensed electrician friend for the more serious stuff. I have a question about the wire I need to get.

I currently have 60A service and am upgrading to 200. I have a 200A meter socket + disconnect combo that will be installed outside. I believe it needs 4/0, 4/0, 4/0 triplex wire to feed the line side and go up and out the weatherhead.

To feed my 200A panel with main breaker that will be indoors, I believe I need a 4-wire connection. I am unsure though. I have learned that neutrals and grounds can be bonded together at the service disconnect, but not at my distribution panel. Is all of this correct? I feel pretty confident about my work indoors, but am much less confident about what I'll need for service connections.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the forumrules. This forum is intended to assistelectricians, electrical contractors, inspectors, and engineers in theperformance with their job-related duties. We are not permitted to assist a person who is not employed in theelectrical industry. Have your electrician post the question, and we can answer him or her.

Status
Not open for further replies.