Square D I-Line or Small Sq D 480 Volt NF Panel?

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

Square D I-Line or Small Sq D 480 Volt NF Panel?

• I-Line that accepts up to 800 amps

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone can give me your thoughts about this. What do most contractors prefer to install. Square D makes both of these. We used to mainly use large I-Line Panels so higher amperage circuit breakers can be installed in the future. Lately it seems that the small 480 volt NF panels are being used that will accept a maximum of 125 Amps.
These NF Panels are under $1000.00 with 4 three pole breakers and the availability is good.

What do you prefer?

kwired

Electron manager
Same here, if you won't be needing more than a 125 amp breaker NF is usually the way to go.

If you have something other than 480/277 (say a corner ground system) then you must go with I line though as the NF and particularly the NF breakers are only rated for 277/480 volts. I line can accept breakers rated for 600 volts.

Let me add if you would have say just one load that needs more than 125 amp breaker, you can order NF panel with subfeed lugs installed or field install them - they do require additional cabinet length when that option is installed so is not something easy to add later. You could then supply that one load from a feeder tap/disconnect off that subfeed lug.

Status
Not open for further replies.