Service Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melrosas

Are service drops wires considered insulated to meet the requirements of safety in accordance with 29 CFR 1926.416(a)(1),

service drop is the overhead lines that come from the transformer and enter the building, they are twisted around the member line that supports the weight.

I would think they would be but I don't have any supporting documents. can someone help..mel

Last edited by a moderator:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Are service drops wires considered insulated to meet the requirements of safety in accordance with 29 CFR 1926.416(a)(1),

service drop is the overhead lines that come from the transformer and enter the building, they are twisted around the member line that supports the weight.

I would think they would be but I don't have any supporting documents. can someone help..mel 704-277-5673 melrosas@me.com

Well I would think they meet the requirements. What is the requirement- can you post it?

Melrosas

Well I would think they meet the requirements. What is the requirement- can you post it?

construction equipment will be passing under the wires while digging in a water line, and i do not believe that a potential for arcing exists and I am trying to get information on this. does this help? thanks

iwire

Staff member
construction equipment will be passing under the wires while digging in a water line, and i do not believe that a potential for arcing exists and I am trying to get information on this. does this help? thanks

In my opinion the triplex or quadplex cable is insulated and 'complies' with 1926.416(a)(1). There are other requirements about operating equipment near power lines.

Melrosas

Thanks, yes the other requirements I am familiar with. I am looking for anyone that knows of any supporting documentation. Again thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.