Clothes Dryer Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

donf

Under 2008 NEC, is the circuit for the clothes dryer a dedicated circuit or can it be extended to serve another load, for instance a welder?

I know that the clothes dryer is a required outlet.

Cavie

Under 2008 NEC, is the circuit for the clothes dryer a dedicated circuit or can it be extended to serve another load, for instance a welder?

I know that the clothes dryer is a required outlet.

And your gonna work while the wife is doing laundry?? WAKE UP AMERICA! Earl Pitts made mw say that!

donf

?

?

Is there an answer in your post?

If you are asking me will I be welding while she is doing laundry, the answer is a solid no.

I will be at Church, on my knees praying that the NFL owners and players figure out that the correct solution to their money dispute would be to turn over the monies to me as administrator for a gasoline slush fund for the American citizens.

That way, we might be able to purchase food instead of trying to figure out how we can purchase food and gas. :)

kwired

Electron manager
I don't know of any section that would prohibit multiple receptacle outlets on the circuit. It could be bad design choice.

There is no requirement to install a receptacle for an electric clothes dryer.

If you have an electric dryer you will need an outlet for it however.

Finite10

If you are asking me will I be welding while she is doing laundry, the answer is a solid no.

I will be at Church, on my knees praying that the NFL owners and players figure out that the correct solution to their money dispute would be to turn over the monies to me as administrator for a gasoline slush fund for the American citizens.

That way, we might be able to purchase food instead of trying to figure out how we can purchase food and gas. :)

LOL:grin: You don't seem to understand just how serious this all is!;)

"Humor is the good natured side of a truth."
-Twain

jaylectricity

Occupation
licensed journeyman electrician

Hahaha...you rule.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
210.23 will not permit this install. I also see you are not an electrician so.
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report.gif
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

220/221

Because, in this case, the load is defined. Would you hook up 3 tables saws in a shop on the same circuit if they said they would only use one at a time?

Hook up or install receps for?

I would install the receps if it was legal.

I think it is and I think I learned it here.

iwire

Staff member
Because, in this case, the load is defined. Would you hook up 3 tables saws in a shop on the same circuit if they said they would only use one at a time?

By who?

Not the NEC, the electric dryer outlet is voluntary, we are as free to call it a GP circuit as a dryer circuit.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I don't see a difference if it is direct wired or not. If the utilization equipment or appliance is in place then the circuit must match the load being served. First sentence in 210.23

Status
Not open for further replies.