Ansul System

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispysonofa

Occupation
Electrical and Security Contractor
Good Morning, I am wiring an ancillary system for a restaurant. This is my first time wiring one of these on my own and there is a gas valve on site that has me scratching my head a little bit. The valve has leads that are about 12'' long and it looks like a 3/8 connector would thread right onto it. Does anyone have any experience with these? I need to extend those leads to my ancil panel but I am not sure if I should just set a Jbox in close vicinity to the valve? I have posted the images online so you can have a look by following the links below. I really appreciate the insight.

https://ibb.co/ip7RKf

https://ibb.co/ch9Ozf

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have wired several dozen Ansul systems. A 1/2" flex connector will fit, some 3/8" flex connectors will also fit. So will a 1/2" EMT connector, but you don't want EMT here.

You will then need a short piece of flex to reach the nearest mounting surface (like a wall) to mount a junction box. I usually use a handy box and blank cover for the joints.

crispysonofa

Occupation
I have wired several dozen Ansul systems. A 1/2" flex connector will fit, some 3/8" flex connectors will also fit. So will a 1/2" EMT connector, but you don't want EMT here.

You will then need a short piece of flex to reach the nearest mounting surface (like a wall) to mount a junction box. I usually use a handy box and blank cover for the joints.

I got nervous from the literature of the valve and saw something that said explosion proof so I sought more information. I thought I might have needed some special type fitting but I thank you so much for the info I will set a J box near the valve.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Yes I did. Shows how familiar I am with this. I got it wrapped up today and tested everything is good I really appreciate the help and information you all have shared with me!!

I'm going to change the title of this thread for purpose of future searches.

Last edited by a moderator:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I got it wrapped up today and tested everything is good I really appreciate the help and information you all have shared with me!!
So, tell us your solution. A pic would be appreciated, so we can critic..., I mean, critique your work. :D

crispysonofa

Occupation
So, tell us your solution. A pic would be appreciated, so we can critic..., I mean, critique your work. :D

I will take a pic when I get back with inspector. My solution was to thread on a 1/2'' LFMC connector onto the valve and mount a Jbox (Raco 232) on the wall there. Came off the valve with a small whip of LFMC. I used LFMC because kitchens get nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.