Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: print question

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    139

    print question

    I am looking at a print and keep seeing ACR next to the GFCI. Can someone tell me what this means?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    25,914
    ACR could mean air conditioner and refrigeration

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    18,401
    GFCI breakers may (probably do) have "HACR" rating. I don't think you will find this on GFCI receptacles though.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Olathe, Kansas 338 mi SE of Wingedhorses
    Posts
    1,802

    Enlighten Me

    In what situation would you connect a GFCI breaker to a HVAC load ? Two pole GFCI breakers

    are used to protect pools, hot tubs, spa. Single pole used for kitchen, bath, outdoor

    recptacle protection. I don't get it ?
    Electricity is Color Blind
    Leave the shirt pocket rules in your pocket.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Iowegia
    Posts
    16,835
    Look in the A sheets for a list of acronyms.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    18,401
    Quote Originally Posted by John120/240 View Post
    In what situation would you connect a GFCI breaker to a HVAC load ? Two pole GFCI breakers

    are used to protect pools, hot tubs, spa. Single pole used for kitchen, bath, outdoor

    recptacle protection. I don't get it ?
    If for some reason it was cord and plug connected and used a 15 or 20 amp 125 volt receptacle in areas where GFCI protection is required ...... otherwise I dunno.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    25,914
    Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    If for some reason it was cord and plug connected and used a 15 or 20 amp 125 volt receptacle in areas where GFCI protection is required ...... otherwise I dunno.
    An example may be a window a/c unit that is ina room with a hot tub and the receptacle is in the distance from a tub to require gfci

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NE Nebraska
    Posts
    18,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    An example may be a window a/c unit that is ina room with a hot tub and the receptacle is in the distance from a tub to require gfci
    Right, or a dwelling garage, unfinished basement, receptacle is in kitchen counter area.

    Is cord and plug window AC a 422 appliance or a 440 air conditioning equipment or a little of both?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffen99 View Post
    I am looking at a print and keep seeing ACR next to the GFCI. Can someone tell me what this means?
    Without look at the print... Above Counter maybe? If it is a kitchen/bathroom receptacle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •