Thread: print question

print question

I am looking at a print and keep seeing ACR next to the GFCI. Can someone tell me what this means?

ACR could mean air conditioner and refrigeration

GFCI breakers may (probably do) have "HACR" rating. I don't think you will find this on GFCI receptacles though.

Enlighten Me

In what situation would you connect a GFCI breaker to a HVAC load ? Two pole GFCI breakers

are used to protect pools, hot tubs, spa. Single pole used for kitchen, bath, outdoor

recptacle protection. I don't get it ?
    Electricity is Color Blind
    Leave the shirt pocket rules in your pocket.

Look in the A sheets for a list of acronyms.

Quote Originally Posted by John120/240 View Post
    In what situation would you connect a GFCI breaker to a HVAC load ? Two pole GFCI breakers

are used to protect pools, hot tubs, spa. Single pole used for kitchen, bath, outdoor

recptacle protection. I don't get it ?
    If for some reason it was cord and plug connected and used a 15 or 20 amp 125 volt receptacle in areas where GFCI protection is required ...... otherwise I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by kwired View Post
    If for some reason it was cord and plug connected and used a 15 or 20 amp 125 volt receptacle in areas where GFCI protection is required ...... otherwise I dunno.
    An example may be a window a/c unit that is ina room with a hot tub and the receptacle is in the distance from a tub to require gfci

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Alwon View Post
    An example may be a window a/c unit that is ina room with a hot tub and the receptacle is in the distance from a tub to require gfci
    Right, or a dwelling garage, unfinished basement, receptacle is in kitchen counter area.

Is cord and plug window AC a 422 appliance or a 440 air conditioning equipment or a little of both?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaffen99 View Post
    I am looking at a print and keep seeing ACR next to the GFCI. Can someone tell me what this means?
    Without look at the print... Above Counter maybe? If it is a kitchen/bathroom receptacle.