Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: whats COOL

whats COOL

I am wondering what you guys use or ideas for keeping cool in the heat.. in the winter we can dress for warmth but in the summer when its 95+ degrees here is the normal attire i have to wear. long pants, t- shirt with 4 inch sleeves, hard hat, saftey glasses, and cut resistant gloves.drinking water all day only goes so far. What do you guys suggest?

Quote Originally Posted by copper chopper View Post
    I am wondering what you guys use or ideas for keeping cool in the heat.. in the winter we can dress for warmth but in the summer when its 95+ degrees here is the normal attire i have to wear. long pants, t- shirt with 4 inch sleeves, hard hat, saftey glasses, and cut resistant gloves.drinking water all day only goes so far. What do you guys suggest?
    They let you wear 4" sleeves? We have to wear long sleeves year round regardless of temp!

I struggle in the heat until I started bringing an extra cooler with cool water in it- not iced-. I took an old towel that would lay around my neck comfortably. Dip the towel in the water ring it out slightly and let the water do the work. I let it soak my shirt also. On really hot days you have to dip every 15 minutes or more. Works great for me.

I have usually only worked with companies that have a non energizied policy, and mostly in new construction. Only once did a company have a required dress code and that was for color only,
    Northern rednecks! I've never heard of any local EC company stressing or requiring the requirements of what's required by NFPA. POCO is always long sleeves.

I can't wear ring collar tee shirts, I feel like I'm choking.

I wear (henley-shirts) three button short sleeves, three button down long sleeves for out in the weather work.
    Full button down shirts with collar, or V-necks.

You might try wetting your wrist (where one would take ones pulse), this is refreshing and a "conduit" that one can use to dissipate heat in your arms. This is also mentioned in First-Aid training, to damp cloth the same area for heat stroke victims...

Good luck stay safe...
    If your even thirsty, your two quarts low.

I saw these the other day at the big box store but dont know how good they are.
    http://www.froggtoggs.com/#cooling/
    Edward
    Education is a progressive discovery of our ignorance.

I have used these in the past and found them to help. http://www.healthandbodystore.com/hy...-military.html
    I have dug mine out and will be using it today!

T.M.Haja Sahib Guest
    The vortex tube cooling the body is most effective, IMO. See http://www.nwironworks.com/cooling_systems.htm

Quote Originally Posted by T.M.Haja Sahib View Post
    The vortex tube cooling the body is most effective, IMO. See http://www.nwironworks.com/cooling_systems.htm

That is made to be connected to a compressed air source, it would be tough to use as an electrician on a job.

T.M.Haja Sahib Guest
    iwire
    Not suitable for all kinds of electrical works?

Quote Originally Posted by T.M.Haja Sahib View Post
    iwire
    Not suitable for all kinds of electrical works?
    Why would you ask such a stupid question?

Oh yeah, I forgot ......... you just crave attention.