Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: whats COOL

Adjusting hours when possible so you are not working during the hottest part of the day or at least not working in the sun, helps.

T.M.Haja Sahib Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iwire View Post
    Why would you ask such a stupid question?
    No questions are stupid, but there are stupid remarks like yours, IMO.

These hard hat fans help beat the heat
    http://www.sears.com/pro-air-salisbu...p-00932958000P

T.M.Haja Sahib Guest

Personal air conditioner

Some more details regarding vortex tube cooling technology suitable for electricians doing work in welding jobs and power plants are mentioned in http://www.vortexair.biz/Cooling/Man...ancooling.html

NE (9.1 miles @5.07 Degrees from Winged Horses)
    I wear out quicker than my young help, but finding some shade for a few minutes and water, of course, helps. Advantage of this hot dry weather, no mosquitos so far this year. Irrigated fields normally are just thick with them, not so in the ones we have had to work. Maybe because the wells aren't working if we are there? Duh.
    Tom
    TBLO

Quote Originally Posted by WIMaster View Post
    I have used these in the past and found them to help. http://www.healthandbodystore.com/hy...-military.html
    I have dug mine out and will be using it today!
    I have something similar. Does yours have the bead stuff inside that swells up?

The website claims of 5-10 hours is bogus IMO. I keep two on hand and swap them out every so often. I left some in a cooler too long and they over-swelled and split some of the stitching.
    BB+/BB=?

Quote Originally Posted by mivey View Post

The website claims of 5-10 hours is bogus IMO. I keep two on hand and swap them out every so often. I left some in a cooler too long and they over-swelled and split some of the stitching.
    They are still better than nothing. You can probably get 5-10 hours if you follow the conditions they did to get 5-10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by mivey View Post

Yes they do have the beads that swell up and no they do not seem to last 5-10.
    I also keep more than one on hand in the cooler on very hot days and rotate them.
    I did accidentally tear one open once, but haven't had a problem with overswelling.

get a mister and spray yourself as needed.

even a small fan helps if there is no breeze.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by copper chopper View Post
    What do you guys suggest?

You could work on your roof for a couple of weeks while it's 95-100 degrees.......... after that you become acclimated and all other off roof stuff is no sweat.....

Not to be a smart ars, just the truth. Don't forget the sun block and plenty of fluids.
    " I'm at a crucial part of my painting "...........Monika Danneman