Service Entrance conductor definition

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsaint33

Mike Holt defines service conductors such as Service Drop Conductor as "the conductors from the service point to the service disconnecting means (service equipment, not meter)." But NFPA defines it differently as shown in the picture I am attaching. The picture clearly puts the service drop conductor TO (not "from") the service point. Who is correct?

Attachments

• sec.jpg
    sec.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 10

david luchini

Staff member
Occupation
Engineer
Mike Holt defines service conductors such as Service Drop Conductor as "the conductors from the service point to the service disconnecting means (service equipment, not meter)." But NFPA defines it differently as shown in the picture I am attaching. The picture clearly puts the service drop conductor TO (not "from") the service point. Who is correct?

The NEC defines service conductors as "The conductors from the service point to the service disconnecting means."

In the pictures, the service drop conductors and service lateral conductors are not "service conductors" by definition.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

The title of your thread says "service entrance conductor" but the body is talking about service drop conductors. There may be some type of typo if you have something that says Mike has defined the Service Drop Conductors as "the conductors from the service point to the service disconnecting means (service equipment, not meter)." Service drop conductors end at the service point.

Status
Not open for further replies.